Monday, June 16, 2008

This past father's day

Yesterday was Father's Day. It's always difficult for me to find the perfect card for my Dad. And then it doesn't make it any better that the selections are sooo slim and the words are usually very cheesy and broad. I did the best I could. But the girls and I went over to spend time with Dad at his place and we watched the new Indiana Jones & the basketball game. It was a nice time. He really liked all his gifts. I got 'em a Ralph Lauren gift set (fragrance). He really liked it. I used to be a huge daddy's girl when I was little. In my heart I still am...just all grown up now. Enough negative things are said about dad's. I'm just glad that mines is still alive, healthy, and I still have a relationship with him, I love him, and I know he loves me. That's all that matters to me. Despite what we all may feel our dads could have done or should have done better, my dad has been a huge inspiration to my life. I honor & appreciate him for that.

L8r-
~faithful

No comments: