Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Please don't hate me, but I gotta keep it real...

This is kinda long, so read when you have time....BUT you def need to read this...for real talk. I'm sitting here at my kitchen bar bubbling over with words and feelings to express, and mad at myself because I know that even after I finish writing the last line of this blog, I'll still only have said very little of what really wants to be said. I apologize in advance if this offends anyone, but if the shoe fits...I hope it eats at your heart and plays in your ear over and over again until you come to the knowledge of the truth. This is Faith...for real, and I'm going to be straight up with yall, especially those of you who have questioned my interests.

I got saved 5 years ago and was just as excited as can be. It was the best move I'd ever made in life thus far. I grew up in the church as a preacher's daughter and all I know is wrapped up in belief in God and holiness. I'm young, I had dreams, some of which I pushed aside for the pursuit of God's purpose for my life. But some I held on to that were pretty normal, such as getting married, having kids and being successful. I've been taught and reared in a way that suggested that I get as saved as possible and when the time was right on my journey, God would send me someone special, on my level, or at least within proximity (naturally & spiritually), and marriage wouldn't be so hard because God was the one who ordained it (the two of us). That's very refreshing to know, and promising. Do I still believe this? Of course! Because He said it. However, I can't deny that I am not sickened by this retarded dating epidemic that has crept into the church and shakes the faith of those of us who yet hold on, even with "mustard seed faith" that what God said is still true.

So in the process of striving to reach this place in God, you seek to lose the tools and attributes you used in the street to get "Johnny", because God's the one doing the work...so to speak, not you anymore. And I'm not suggesting that I have obtained all this, but certainly I press towards this standard. But in my press, I have seen some very disturbing things that would make women of little faith question that belief. We put hope in God, and in His ability to send us a man that would sacrifice his "game" and "charm" like we have sacrificed, to allow God to facilitate their commission to "find" a wife. Nowadays, that word "find" has taken on a completely different meaning than what was intended...such as "oh taste n see." I challenge every man reading this blog to really search out what God intended when He put this in the book.

My frustration, I admit, is seeing how the enemy has corrupted our minds to acting out processes that are very secular & carnal in nature. I have to repent myself because I questioned God about my press by backing up, because of what I saw other people doing & hearing their thoughts and desires concerning courtship and such in the church. I became disappointed with the notion that guys...simply put...don't want a girl too far in her spiritual journey in God; it's never really a topic of discussion. Here's the part where some of you may get hott madd at me, but I don't care. Although we've taken this step into salvation, the hidden fact remains that guys like that extra switch in the hips, that seductive blink in the eye, those skin tight jeans, that tip in the step, and that "I got what you need" attitude that makes all the other women seem a bit bland. They don't want you to sweat in prayer or come home with your hair out of place because you shouted it out at church. They want you to be saved, but they want you to sit cute and be saved. They want you to be saved, but they want you to let loose at home. They want you to be saved, but they want you to be like Beyonce'. Modesty is no longer a quality. It's a turn-off. And although the modest and spiritual type is what they need, it's not what they want nor are attracted to. So, as a result, you have a church full of young women who want God (some at least), but still want to be able to be "found," and getting too saved and spiritual is not making the cut. "I gotta compromise my destiny and my press in God a little bit to make sure I leave room for Johnny to notice me. I gotta keep a little bit of my swagger so I can still get a woman and/or man."

This is some bull...if I can use that for a word. I'm so disgusted by this harsh reality that the devil has a lot of us fooled, and we're going to miss the door of opportunity to receiving power with God because we won't grab hold to the faith enough of what God promised us, if we let go of us, and the secular ways we have adopted in the church.

I had to check myself today because I found myself questioning if God could really deliver His promise to me if I sought Him like He's asking me to; for the simple fact that people are just not attracted to that, despite how "cute" you may be. Today is the day of being sexy and advertising yourself as such. And the young people in the church have adopted this desire to get something that God already has laid out for us. Yeah, it's depressing to hear you guys tell me "Your dress is too big" or "Your skirt's too long." And I was almost fooled. But if I may, let me be the first to try God at His word. And all you "oh taste n see" folks who think you are "find"ing your wife by using such secular tactics, you'll miss out on what God really had in store for you because your outlook is all wrong. But as for me...I choose to trust God.

"If the truth kill a man...let him die!"

L8R:
MsFaithe

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is really nice Faith, I'm very proud of you. Preaching the word of
God(Evagelist Faith Glenn). Since that's your calling that's what I will
be calling you for now on.
LHR

Anonymous said...

Hey Faith this is really good and I enjoyed it. I can't wait until you get a magazine because people need to hear things like this and be encouraged by it.

Faith said...

LisaLisa...Ohhh Lord...don't do that!!!!!

Jenny...THANK YOUUUUU!!! It's so refreshing to hear you guys' feedback. Sometimes I be thinking I'm the only way feeling the way I do, but I realize that's not the case. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Really glad. Hate to seem like the bearer of bad news... :(

Anonymous said...

Amen! I'm tired of it too... You almost may as well get a "good" one off the street if you got to go
through all that just to get a "bold" one that's not
hardly worth nothing in the church!

See ya,

Charity

Anonymous said...

I don't hate you Faithful!! I really did enjoy it, and I completely agree. No matter what the situation, making a stand for Holiness is always the right decision. Sometimes it gets hard, but I know that in the end it will definitely be worth it. See you soon



Love,

Janelle

Faith said...

Thanks Janelle. I'm glad you enjoyed it...I know the guys are probably like "Oh my God...no she didn't," but hey...it is what it is. In the words of Minister Mike Johnson..."We all just gotta get mo saved!" lol

Love you more,
Faithe

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I must comment on this one!

Hey Evangelist Elect!! LOL!!!

I was talking to a few young men just the other day about this. We as "Godly Men!" (or at least supposed to be), have to come to the realization that in Holiness, it comes with the package (if you may).

I was telling the brothers, that the young lady that I am looking at of course has to be "Modest" but at the same time, don't be homely(if you may LOL). I've never been one who likes girls in the "skin-tight" jeans, or the makeup looking like a jezebel. I believe that Holiness carries a look that the world just cannot imitate.

I am getting to a point in my life right now as a minister that the ordinary just won't do. I want my wife (believe it or not) to come home hair all dishevleved because of the time we had in church, tired because she had been tarrying with a soul, it just shows the true sincerity and honesty that they have toward God, and to what He has called them to do. No matter how they may look at that particular time, Holiness in beautiful!

I believe that just as you said, the dating strategies from the world. "Strategy - the science and art of employing the political, economic, psychological, and military forces of a nation or group of nations to afford the maximum support to adopted policies in peace or war." and came into the church. Just as the defination said, the science. Men in the street have made dating a science and it has sadly to say crept into the church, as well as the pulpit and lust has taken over the brethren. It's no longer that anointing that attracts someone it's now their looks! Don't get me wrong, looks do matter, but at the same time, don't let it over-power you (young men).

I just wanted to comment on that!

Love ya!

Faith said...

LOLOL! Ok...By no means did I mean to give the impression that because we are saved (women) that we have to look like some homely, unstylish creatures that have no sense of fashion. Most of the young women I know who are saved have fabulous style. I think I dress pretty nice myself, but I've been told several times by males that I wear my clothes too big sometimes...and these are supposedly saved males. And I don't think my clothes are necessarily too big, I just think they do wrong by trying to compare what I have on to what women in the world normally wear. Nowadays, women dress in a way that doesn't force the guys to have to wonder much. We have to show a distinction from the world, but not look crazy! So I agree with you Adro, and someone else made a comment about this too (I won't say any names), but I just wanted to clarify that no, I'm not suggesting that we should look unfashionable and homely.

Anonymous said...

your blog is absolutely right guy are not looking for the modust type. As a male i understand what is really yet again another double standard for man and women.... Women are suppose to be good and whole some but men are not.... you know them, i agree if you search to hard or search yourself you will be lost in the path the God has laid out for you.. So bravo!!!! stay on your faith and dont let this "real world" tell you what you know God has said and done for you
jamie

Faith said...

Jamie...you are sooooo awesome for that!!! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with everything you said Faithe. And you know I don't just agree with no anythang...LOL. Although it is a fact that most of us in the church wants to overlook and not discuss, its a fact none the less. ALL men young and old are attracted to the outer first. Its a fact that can not be denied. The Bible speaks of old men having dreams and young men seeing visions. Its a fact that men are visiual beings. If that being so and I believe that it is. Than we must be trained by the church how to turn the other way. You just don't come and say oh holiness and a beautiful virtue. You must be trianed to see the beauty. It is a beautiful thing, modesty is very beautiful but only those of us who are familiar with it find it to be beautiful. We must than teach each other the beauty of it. The Bible speaks of worshipping in the beauty of holiness. If you don't know holiness you don't see how it is beautiful. Those of us in the church who still look at ladies acording to the world's training. We do it because we have not brought the flesh under subjection concerning that area of our lives. There is nothing better than a young lady who loves the Lord and willing to give up any and everything for and because of HIM. If a young lady is more into you than she is into her Lord, than you know that aint who you want to be with. If a girl knows more about me than she does the things of God, than I don't want her. More to say but I will leave you with this in order to Know the Beauty of Holiness, you must first know Holiness.

Faith said...

BRAVO Mike!!! I like that outlook and you are very right. One can not appreciate something they don't understand the beauty or importance of. Excellent.

Listen people, I'm not writing all these blogs and such for everyone to agree with me...I just want everyone to be able to read these things, and think on your way. And if we are open and willing enough to realize that we may be a lil' off the mark in some area, that we will work to fix that. That's all I'm saying.

Didn't realize I'd get so many responses...and positive for that matter...

Thanks everybody!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this topic Faith. I think your completely right. I think both men and women have an equal responibility to do this the right way.

But I think the bigger problem is that women feel its ok to be used and 'sampled', so we see so much of this happening. I think there are some serious self-worth and self esteem issues going on here.

If you felt like you are woth it, you would wait and do it the right way, having faith and confidence that God will answer your prays and give you a spouse that God made especially for you.

Most women don't feel like they are not worth it, so they sell out for something that is below their actual worth and pontential.

I just want to say to all the ladies. Have patience, confidence and fatih because your worth it.

Faith said...

That's a great observation Lisa. Good point. It is certainly a duty of us women to not be held down to such carnal standards, because if we let down, the men will never come to appreciate or desire the spirit of true holiness that we are supposed to uphold.

Anonymous said...

You go girl, Mom's proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!