Friday, February 04, 2011

This is for the dreamers

Being an entrepreneur is a rewarding experience.  Especially the line of work I do.  I particularly love seeing young professionals see their ideas come to life.  My business sort of started itself and I just went along with the flow.  Little did I know I'd even get this far.  I didn't realize all that I was packing in was waiting to help other people.  Now, I'm in graduate school and I often wonder if I made the right choice to go back to school.  My social life is pretty much non-existent and sometimes I go days without eating a decent meal because I'm so busy.  However, I'm reminded of what I'm doing all this for when I meet people who glean from what I've learned and experienced. 

My current graduate studies in Marketing is helping me expand my business even more, and allowing me to offer more services to help my clients.  Mind you, I never intended for my business to even go anywhere.  Here I am four years later and a growing list of clients that I've helped get their dreams fueled.  While I don't rely soley on my business to pay my bills, the extra money comes in handy, especially since I'm back in school.  I'm not getting rich off my clients.  But I'm getting an overdose in experience and aptitude for the future and being patient.  For me, the more rewarding return on my investment is being able to help enrich people.  Everything I desire to do in life revolves around that simple goal.  With that being said, I am already successful because I'm doing what I love to do.  The fact that my projects continue to grow says I'm doing something very right. 

Financially, somewhere down the road, this is going to be bigger than I ever imagined.  At least, that's what I sincerely believe and feel, and maybe just for the simple fact that I didn't expect it to.  But I'm a firm believer that hard work pays off.  It's not easy - no.  Sometimes I want to quit - a little bit!  But, now that I know I have something that can help people and encourage them to live their dreams, there's no turning back for me.

Long story short, I really just wanted to encourage any one of you who have a business or dream of having a business of your own to keep moving towards your goals.  Sacrifices are necessary, friends may not always understand, and you may get tired, but keep working hard.  It WILL pay off after while! 



L8r,
~faithful

3 comments:

Conroy said...

inspired! :)

RB Glenn said...

"What is success in life? It is not measured by how much money one has in the bank. It is not measured by how large your name is swelled up in popularity. Nor is it based on the kind of large home one lives in or fancy car. But in the eyes of the Almighty, it is having the ability to meet human need. Thus, for this cause and purpose, we, the Children of God, were created." by R.B. Glenn

Faith said...

Thank you daddy! - See folks...this is where I get it from! Love my daddy. :D