Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The way of the World...

So, I've been going to the gym for about a month and of course, the more frequent you come, the more you become knowlegable of your work-out mates and the people who work there. Sometimes I feel like I'm reading the characters of a book, and each character, as the story develops is becomig quite interesting. Yesterday, I was invited to a party. "How typical," I thought. Here's a guy up in here, and might I add...the guy that all the girls up in the gym would quickly label as the hottest guy in the gym, who seemingly is successful, very nice and sociable, respectful, and of course has a nice physique, around the age of 35. Here he comes asking me to attend a party on Saturday at a club. I'm always open to meeting new friends and being sociable, all that good stuff, but there's definitely a line I have to draw as a young saved woman. Therefore, I'm no longer interested in participating in secular events that aren't really suitable for this type of lifestyle that I have chosen to live. However, I was so disappointed to see this nice brotha, in his "prime", fully-equipped, ask a young girl like myself to go to a party! Even if I wasn't saved...certainly a "party" atmosphere is not the place I would have liked to have been asked out to. But I had forgotten a little bit the way the secular world works, now having surrounded myself with more spiritual folk than when I wasn't saved. In my mind, a guy like him should be settling down, looking for a nice wi-fe, and stacking up for the future. But apparently he's still out partying. Can't blame him though. That's what people do, and have been doing for ages, I guess. It amazes me though. The guy has it going on in every aspect of the word. Perfect package right? All but one missing link I guess. On a natural since, I was encouraged though, just as a young black woman, to find that there are some brothas out here that are successful, defeating the odds of society as a black man. But on a spiritual level, it sucks to know that they don't really know God.

Just sharing my thoughts...

L8r:
Ms. Pinky

No comments: