Thursday, April 12, 2012

Tis the season for love

I's married now!!! :D All the planning, the stress, the people-pleasing (which I failed horribly at), and frivolous spending is OVER!!! And I'm glad.

My husband and I had a head start though, having exchanged our vows before having the big festivities that made it all "seem" official. Honestly, that head start helped us a lot. Planning wedding stuff is a big pain. You really won't know until it's your turn. I was fortunate that a good deal of the planning turned out beautifully in terms of decorations and atmosphere and such. Mom said I really should be a wedding planner. I couldn't. Perhaps it's easier planning someone else's wedding than your own, but I don't want to find out. :-)

So here I am, post wedding, and I finally feel at ease and peaceful. I can buy lunch and not feel guilty that I should be putting that towards wedding stuff. :-/ It's a wonderful feeling. But even more wonderful is living! Living, growing, learning, and laughing with my husband. Marriage is a beautiful thing. It takes some time to get used to. I'm still doing that. But it keeps me intrigued, inquisitive, and engaged. Every day you will be (or you should be) asking yourself and God how you can do better at it than the previous day.

Marriage is what the two of you make it. Happy making to us!!!

Now...next order of business. "First come love, then come marriage, then comes the..." [you finish it].

L8r:
~faithful


2 comments:

JR3 said...

Congrats once again sis!!! Love you

Faith said...

Thanks Bro!!! :D