Sunday, October 16, 2011

Hurts and Hurdles


I’ve seen the damage hurt can do. It spreads like a cancerous disease and injures everyone in its path.

Hurt places hurdles in front of you when you hold them.

Your hurt hurts others, because it shows its face in everything you do and say, in how you treat others, in how you respond, how you feel, and the decisions you make.

It is our own hurt that pushes people away from us. There really is no other blame or reason but this. But hurt blames everyone else.

Hurt is inevitable.  However, it's our hurt that we won't overcome that becomes our own stumbling block.

Hurt builds walls of fear, masqueraded by the thought of “I’m only protecting myself.”

Hurt destroys relationships when not dealt with properly and entirely.

Hurt prevents you from being happy in your life and happy for the happiness of others, and thinks it is justified. We do things in the name of love, by saying, “I’m doing this because I love you,” when in fact we should say instead, "I'm doing this because I'm hurt" if we're really honest.

Hurdles are removable. They can be leaped over. They can be passed and removed. Hurdles are sure in life, however as runners of life’s race, we must learn to surmount them.

We cannot really see clearly until we leap over them.

It is possible.

Lord, my prayer today is that you heal us from our hurts. Let us once again experience the beauty of life and love, free from the distortion and disguise that our hurts have placed over the eyes of our hearts.

L8r:
~faithful

1 comment:

Neva said...

All I can say is Amen from the peanut gallery!