Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What will you sacrifice & suffer for love?

Hi friends...some of you know and some of you don't, but my big brother, Tim, has been deployed in Iraq for a 6-month assignment during his career in the US Navy. He has been there for 3 months now. I just learned that he will be headed back home (where he lives in the beautiful Hawaii) in November...sooner than expected. Great news for my family and I; however, let's continue to pray for those who are still over there and that their stay will be short and safe. Hopefully this war will end soon! I have been able to communicate with my brother via email, which I am grateful for. Here is something he shared with my family and I this week and I thought it would be nice to share with you all as well...I hope it blesses you like it blessed me...

When you love something or someone, then you are willing to suffer for it. Love for something or someone causes you to put yourself as a lower priority than that which your heart loves. Love will inspire you to sacrifice yourself, your time, desires, and any and everything that is meaningful and valuable to you, for the thing or the person that you love. It is love that gives one the willingness to suffer and sacrifice, because love is selfless, love is considerate, love is patient, love is kind. Where there is no love, the willingness to sacrifice and suffer is void. This concept can apply to any and all parts of life; from romance, to friends, to the work of your hands (your career, job), to your children, and most importantly, to your calling from the Lord Jesus, Most High.

-Guest Blogger, Timothy RB Glenn

L8r:
~faithful

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is confirmation for what I am going through right now. Thanks for sharing and love ya!

Faith said...

i've read it over & over again...very impactful.

Anonymous said...

I kept this e-mail U sent me,and I thought this would be a wonderful time to share it with others,Thanks!

Anonymous said...

i wanted you to know that I sent this email to a co-worker. She liked it so much that she forwarded it to many people on her email list for Christmas.

You just never know how your music and words of encouragement will help people. Keep up the good work