Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A tribute to my sisters

2006 Faith, Millah, Jen, & Teri in H-burg, PA

2002 - Jen & Faith @ Church Picnic (Wow...can you believe this was 5 years ago? We had all just got saved around this time. Can't ya tell? Look at those shinin' faces...lol)

2006 - Faith, Millah, & Jen (Our cartoons)

2006 in H-burg, PA; there I go...always lookin' like the mother out the bunch. What was I thinkin' when I bought that shirt?

Look where God has brought us from...

Most people don't know the history behind our friendship. But we have truly been through a lot. For most of my childhood, my siblings and I pretty much stuck to ourselves. My older sister and I befriended each other because we weren't very sociable creatures. I remember growing up in the church looking at all the other young people and thinking to myself, why aren't we friends with them? As I grew up, somehow I came out of a shell that I thought I had to be in...it's one of those things that describes the different cultures in families. Somehow, as I grew older, God allowed me to get a thirst for wanting to go outside of the culture of my family and the culture I had created within myself...being a loner and too shy to step out of the norm. I used to look at the other girls like the Shermans, the Rudolphs and others and think that I wasn't good enough to hang with them or be their friends. Now, we're much more than friends. We're sisters. We pray for one another and above all, we are growing together in God. I remember we all had our own pre-judgments about each other. Millah always thought I was mean coming up. I thought Jenny was mean. Then Teri came along later on as the newcomer, and we didn't know what to expect from her, and so on and so forth. But now we, like sisters, are able to befriend each other beyond our weaknesses and be there for each other. My prayer is that God knits us together as sisters in the Spirit, that we as daughters of zion can build up a wall of prayer and protection for souls. Although naturally we have accomplished a lot as friends, this is nothing compared to what we can accomplish as women on the move with God. We've come a mighty long way, from facing both small and life-threatening challenges. While I know and face the realization everyday that God's relationship with His daughters are to be called to a life of separation and seclusion, even from your closest of friends, I thank God today for sisters that when I need to laugh, cry, or talk to about "life," I have that at my disposal...even if but only for 5 minutes or a silly note on Facebook. I thank God for how I've grown and how I've watched them grow. And even today the challenges that we face I pray that God sees us through them all. And that wherever we are dispersed in the future to carry on the legacy of our forefathers, we do it in the power that we have seen and heard our entire lives, and now seek to attain.
God Bless yall!

2006 - Millah, Jen, Faith, Nelle in H-burg, PA
2006 - Millah, Jen, Nelle in H-burg, PA
2005 - Faith, Millah, Jen @ Church skating party
2006 - Jen, Millah, Faith, Nelle @ bowling outing
2006 - Jen, Millah, Faith @ Red Robin's
2006 - Millah, Jen, Faith @ bowling outing
2005 - Faith, Millah, Jen @ my college graduation
2003 - Faith, Millah, Jen @ Church skating party

No comments: